The separated combustion Hot Dawg draws its combustion air from outside the work space, ensuring the unit always has plenty of fresh, clean air to breathe. This fresh-air supply reduces common concerns about dusty, dirty or humid applications. Additionally, drawing combustion air from the outside increases overall heating efficiency.
A separated combustion Hot Dawg unit gives you many added advantages including:
- Less maintenance in dusty environments.
- Improved efficiency by using outside air for combustion.
- Greater durability in “hostile” environments (environments possessing substances that may deteriorate the performance of the unit).
- External thermostat and gas connections.
- Hush-puppy quiet operation.
- Uses natural or propane gas.
- Certified for residential, commercial and industrial use.
- Low-profile design and neutral color to blend in with decor.
- Lightweight, easily installs 1″ from ceiling with only 2 angle brackets (included).
- Installs quickly and easily with field wiring connections and knockouts for quick access to gas and electricity.
- Standard power exhaust simplifies side-wall or roof venting with small-diameter vent pipe.
- Right or left hand controls available on all 30-75 units. Gas, electrical and flue connections can be changed by simply flipping the Hot Dawg over.
- Permanently-lubricated motor for trouble-free dependability.
- Full 10-year warranty on heat exchanger.
- Also available with a blower. Contact Modine for further information.
- Optional finger-proof fan guard for operation at low mounting heights
- Made in USA
- Brochure – Separated Combustion Gas-Fired Unit Heater Models HDS, HDC, PTS & BTS (6-175.5)
- Brochure – Gas-Fired Unit Heaters (6-107.14)
- Installation & Service Manual – Model HDS, HDC Unit Heaters (6-584.5)
- Wiring Diagram Model HD, HDB Hot Dawg Unit Heaters (6-461.1)
- Honeywell thermostat wiring for unit heaters (6-436.9)
- Sound and Pressure Data – Models HD, HDS, PTS (6-120.0)
- NG to LP Conversion – Models HD, HDB, HDS, HDC, PTP, PTS, BTS, PTC (75-515.4)
- LP to NG Conversion – Models HD, HDB, HDS, HDC, PTP, PTS, BTS, PTC (75-516.2)
- NG to LP Conversion (Hot Surface Ignition) – Models HD, HDS (75-513.2)
- LP to NG Conversion (Hot Surface Ignition) – Models HD, HDS (75-514.2)
- Residential Owner’s Manual – Models HD, HDB, HDS, HDC (6-577.6)
- 2-Point Mounting Kit – Models HD, HDS, PTS, PTC (6-574.1)